Saw Horse Brackets - Hard-Hitting Product Evaluation

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE-980158dt.jpg
I bought a pair of these at Harbor Freight ($4-5) and, when I realized I needed two pairs for two sawhorses, I bought a 2nd pair at Home Depot ($8). So I spent $13 or so on them, plus the 2x4's. Then they wobble, so I added cross-members to each one on the sides, front and rear. If I had it to do over I would have bought the complete ready-made versions.
HD version was much better. The Harbor Freight version was about 1/8-inch too narrow for standard 2x4's to slide in, and I had to take a pair of pliers and bend them open wider, so they ended up not fitting flush.
Unless you need them to be at a different height or width than standard sawhorses, I would buy the regular ones.
One time I did make some from 2x4 and fastened with hinges, so that I could collapse them and store in a small space. For the braces I used a rope instead of wood and it worked fine.\\
I would have reduced the 2x4 slightly so it would fit the HF brackets. Were both the HD and HF sawhorse brackets wobbly?

Were both the HD and HF sawhorse brackets wobbly?
They were OK once set up, but I wouldn't trust them to not fall without nailing some braces holding them apart and other ones diagonal to keep them from leaning.
Somebody's "good idea" probably, but by the time you've added all the braces - which isn't as easy as you might think, you might as well have bought a fully assembled pair. I sure wouldn't do it again.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:06:13 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

I used this type for about 15 years. Still have 2 of them broken down. I recommend them if you have room for them, or only use them occasionally and don't mind breaking them down. http://tinyurl.com/lb6jo23
But when I started putting both cars in the garage and started hanging them up because I didn't want to break them down, they went by the wayside. Hit my head on the legs once too often. Now I'm using these because they're easier to store, and lighter. http://tinyurl.com/lpmmu5p
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 12:52:45 AM UTC-5, Vic Smith wrote:

I have used the plastic stanly foldable for one particuar project they worked well