Sandpaper slips off sander.

Hi,
I have a Ryobi 1/4 sheet square sander. I bought it just a week ago. The first few days it worked fine but now the sandpaper start sliding off sideways almost immediately after I put a new sheet on. I tried cleaning it , but nothing seems to help. Doe anybody have any suggestions?
peter
spray adhesive.
randy

kaasman wrote:

The paper has to be secured under a clamp arrangement when you put it on. You doing that?

Yes, it has two clips to hold it. It starts slipping sideways out of one of them. Nothing seems wrong with them.
peter
kaasman wrote:

Adjust the tension (somehow) Use adhesive sandpaper.
I usually have to fold one end over to get enough thickness to hold the sheet on my B/D sander so it doesn't slide out. Only one end needs folded, does ot matter which end. Dust away.

Contact the manufacturer. If there is a design fault, you should get some kind of fix or suggestion. I have a 1/4 sheet Black and Decker palm sander, still going strong after 15 years of use. My Porter Cable random orbit sander kept blowing off its dust canister, but after contacting Porter Cable, they sent me a new canister (new corrected design) that has stayed put. I have a Ryobi belt sander that has given good service for over 9 years.