Run chain saw without oiler?

I have a 15-yr old Homelite chainsaw, which runs - except that the automatic chain oiler doesn't work. Can I just run this as-is, and squirt oil on the chain every X minutes?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

Sure, as long as you don't forget to oil it. Once you do, wear will come faster. The trick is to get the oil on the bar, not the chain.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yea, oil liberally. How about a bucket full and dip the bar & chain in every so often? Strain out the debris when you are done and pour it back in the bottle. Just a thought.

Have you tried fixing the oiler? Usually its just gunk clogging things up. Take it all apart and clean real good and you may fix it.

Or, Just get a Husqvarna saw?

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No