"Rubberized" Pellets Or Chunks To Put Under A Kid's Swing Sert ?"

Hi,
Want to put some kind of protective material under a kid's swing set.
I remember reading about, a long time ago, a rubberized material, sold as pellets or chunks,that is suitable for outdoor use.
Probably many different types and kinds available.
Can't remember any of the details, though.
Might someone please point me in the right direction for this ?
What are they called, who mfg's., etc. ?
And, any to stay away from ?
Any thoughts on what to put underneath for protection would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob
On 5/21/2015 4:57 PM, Bob wrote:

Rubber mulch made from old tires. Available at WalMart and home stores. The bag tells you how thick it should be.

isn't that the stuff they are removing from High School athletic fields because of cancer scares?
On 5/22/2015 12:35 AM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

is worse.
On 5/21/2015 3:57 PM, Bob wrote:

in the Tulsa area in the last year there have been 2 playground fires. The rubber mulch burned. Both were vandalism. I don't know how hard it is to start it burning, but it doesn't seem like it takes too much.
Bill
On 5/22/2015 9:08 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Never heard of that one. Tires in their native form are nearly impossible to extinguish, due to the odd shape.
On Thu, 21 May 2015 16:57:40 -0400, Bob

Do you really want chunks or would a flat padded surface work? Check local farm supply businesses for horse stable mats for a flat answer.