Roper dryer won't tumble

My Roper 7 cycle stopped tumbling. It's only 2 or 3 years old. I know that the power is on because the light comes on and I can hear the timer clicking when I choose the different cycles. I was looking for the belt but after taking the back of the unit off I don't see anything I can get to other than the heating unit. I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this problem before I get it serviced or buy another dryer.

It very well could be the belt. Usually they have the gearworks on the bottom..So look far below (Use flashlight) and see if belt is there and tight or not.
The bitch is, putting it back on..As with usually any belt

See http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_8_1.asp

Huddy wrote:

Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Totally dead, motor still runs but the drum doesn't turn, hummmmmmms only?

Electric dryers have 2 powers, gas dryers have 1 power.

Many Roper ( not all ) are a Whirlpool built product... http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html
Thanks for all of the good info. Looks like I will have to do a lot more disassembling than I'd like to because I can't get to anything with just the back of the dryer off. It could be the motor because I don't hear any humming. I have yet to see a belt. I'll just keep plugging along.