Roofing Quote Question

I know nothing about roofs. A roofer gave me a quote to fix leaks:
mansard & porch roofs remove the existing roofing exposing the roof deck. Secure one ply of roofers select high performance underlayment (winterguard ice and water barrier on front porch) over exposed brick. Nail new 25 year certainteed xt (astm d3462) fiberglass ul class a fire resistance asphalt roof shingles. Line concealed gutter with modified bitumen. Replace necessary flashing. 2 year workmanship guarantee 25 year limited transferable warranty Premises to be left clean and free of debris.
Should I upgrade any of the materials? Other modifications?
Thanks,
MIke

I'd consider a 40 year shingle as the labor cost is the same. If you plan to sell in a few years, it is not such a big deal, but if you stay there, it can be a big deal and money saver 20 years from now.
Good point. I'll do it. What about the rest of the materials? The porch has "hidden" gutters ie, kind of like a trough covered with the roofing material. Should I upgrade the paper on the roof?
Mike

That Ice and Water shield going in the gutter isn't meant to be exposed to the weather, U.V. kills it. Read -underlayment-.... And the mansard shingles require more fasteners than usual, along with a dabbing of adhesive. Make sure this is specified in your contract. Tom
There is no gutter around the porch roof. It's got kind of a trough lined with tar paper. What should be used instead of Ice and Water shield?
Mike

There is no gutter around the porch roof. It's got kind of a trough lined with tar paper. What should be used instead of Ice and Water shield?
Mike
Copper, galvanized steel, something that can be soldered or sealed watertight, etc. Tom

All the roofers here charge extra labor for 40 year shingles due to the extra weight.. They are much more difficult and slower to install.