resources for decorating bonus room in denim/american/ralph lauren

good afternoon,
we will soon be moving into our new home, which has a large bonus room for the kids, about 15 x 20.
I would like to decorate it in a classic style, but I don't know how to describe it. I'm thinking denim couches, but classy. For some reason, Ralph Lauren comes to mind. I would like to use a lot of blues and tan khaki colors. I want the feeling of an upscale casual room in a beach house in the Hamptons.
Sooooo, given all that, does anyone have any resources/references they could suggest?
Thanks, Kathryn
<< anyone have any resources/references they could suggest? >>
Kathryn. you need professional help, but before looking up a name in the Yellow pages and inviting the person out to your house, talk to knowledgeable staff at an upscale furniture store for names of the decorators that they work with. Interview several to judge their sense of style and ability to communicate without a lot of artzy gibberish. Decorating well is not a female- or male- exclusive talent, so prepare to be open minded about the people you talk to. You will find that working with a competent decorator will be a real learning experience, and your new room will be an attribute to the house. Of course it will have a price, just as any talent does, be it plumbing or surgery. If this approach is a bit overwhelming, consider taking college courses at any nearby institutution. Who knows, you may have an undiscovered talent and a new career. Go for it.
Joe
Someone named snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) Proclaimed on 04 Oct 2004 21:15:18 GMT,

** that was rude !! **
(-: just joking :-)
-Graham
Remove the 'snails' from my email
if you go to a big paint store or home depot, they have all the Ralph Lauren paint books/brochures. Lots of ideas and color combinations as well as brush techniques. free. Also check out your local library for decorating books.