Req suggestions to keep door from closing.

    Besides the obvious use of a door stop, is there a way to keep a door from closing when it is left in the open position? I had heard a playing card under the bottom hinge would work, but it didn't.     Perhaps I tried the wrong card, dunno. But if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Brett Miller wrote:

Maybe door frame is not plumb? Or bend the hinge pin little bit to create little friction. Tony