Replacing my toilet - Recommendations?

Page 2 of 2
<h> wrote in message

Two things to consider:
- CR actually tested toilets using fake turds. If I recall, they provided their recipe, for readers interested in such things. Seems pretty thorough to me.
- Nobody in this newsgroup has conducted such tests on a long list of toilets.
That's that.
By the way, another reason that the Sloan valve power flush toilets work well is that they detect back pressure and cannot overflow no matter what someone tries flushing down your toilet. They just stop flushing mid flush. I have 4 of them for 10 years and so far have only replaced one small valve that they sent me for free. No flappers to replace ever.

I just put in an Eljer Patriot and was surprised and pleased how well it takes everything I put in it.
<h> wrote in message

I've often wondered why toilets don't come with 2 flush options. One for just liquid waste, and a more powerful one for non-liquid droppings.
there already is a setting for liquid waste only. don't flush.
--
Steve Barker

"Kitep" < snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
buy toilert from canada. they are old style water wasters flush just once avoiding backups and noise of power assist units.
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:25:32 -0500, "Steve Barker"

I know someone who hear footsteps in the hall, imagine the yellow liquid, and yell
FLUSH IT!!!
And this was when you were trying not to wake her up.
BTW, I'd like to add a :-) but this actually happened. A few dozen times.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

This isn't as good as it sounds. This will make the toilet surface under the water dirty at about 100 times the normal rate. May take acidic bowl cleaner to remove.

Keep wondering.
-- Oren
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison
Kitep wrote:

I believe that some toilets do. Also I have noticed that some of the 1.6 gal / flush toilets have a larger tank capacity than 1.6 gal. If you just momentarily hit the flush lever it will let out about 1.6 gallons. If you hold it down, it will let much more water out.
Absoluely true. I've han an american standad 1.6 unit that functions that way. It bats over 90% with a standard flush (complete evacuation of a turd). Just hold the lever for a moment if you need that little extra push.
A perfect piece if engineering for a control freak like me :-)

They are available..Some have two handles.
Our Kohler Wellworth comfort height models use about HALF the tank on a single flush. If one subscribes to the: " If its BROWN, hold it DOWN" theory, you can hold the lever down and use the whole tankful for big "Jobs"
In Australia, the activator mechanism is on top of the tank cover..two buttons..one uses about half the water, and the other ...WHOOOOSH !!
I have three new Toto low volume flush models. They work well but are loud when they flush, which bugs me. I just put an American Standard Cadet in the basement and it works great and flushes quietly. It was cheap, too.
Never had a problem with any of them. The only toilet in the house that ever plugged was the old 1000 gallon flush model that I replaced with the Cadet. I'm not one for government regulation, but low volume flush toilets are fine with me. Ventless gas cans are a whole different issue.
On Jul 10, 1:58 pm, <h> wrote:

Even though you prefer gravity, Gerber power flush toilets with the sloan valve are incrediby quiet. But buy the tall one. The water level is very high and people using the normal height version complain of splashing.
<h> wrote in message

Kohler Wellworth "Comfort Height"..we ve had 6 in our last two homes and they work very well. Don t even own a plunger..haven't needed one