Replacing gas line to gas light

Page 2 of 2
Burying a el;ectric line along side the gas line is a excellent idea.
One day such wasteful uses will be illegal.
You could put a in the ground electric outlet for convenience use if you want
Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(
Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.
Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.
sadly too many lack that common sense:(
Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(
Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.
Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.
sadly too many lack that common sense:(
Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(
Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.
Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.
sadly too many lack that common sense:(
Yep, and freedom to choose will be a thing of the past. Land of the free, and the home of the regulated.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Don Hard wrote:

I know I have to get a copper pipe but do not know exactly what else is needed and how to join each end of the pipe to the gas light or the gas meter. Have you ever done this?

You can see some available fittings here http://www.doityourself.com/icat/brflarecokfitswvlreg http://www.ez-flo.net/?page talog&category_id122
I can't see what you have now so I can't tell you what you need to make the connection. I do know, that if you don't know, it is time to call a pro.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

A connector on the gas light fixture is female for 3/8 and a connector on the meter side is male for 3/8. It appears that I need to get connectors of appropriate gender which to be fit on both ends of the copper pipe which is to be installed. I read a book at a local Home Depot store and it appears to indicate that a type of connector fitting I need is "pressure fit connector". Is my understanding correct? What I am wondering is how to make joint air tight(or gas tight) between the pipe and the connector fit on the pipe.
In many areas of country you MUST be a licensed plumber to do outside gas line work.
If you DIY and theres a later poblem you could be held liable.
Like someone walking by tosses match and blows up:(
Some $ isnt worth the hassles:(*
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It is not only $ but fun doing it myself. After all I will hire a pro and watch how he does it.