Replacing a door knob

Page 2 of 2

Metspitzer wrote:

The subject of this thread prompted me to "show off" what I did a dozen years ago....I did just that, I replaced about 40 "modern" doorknobs in our colonial style home with antique cast brass knobs I bought on eBay.
I think they look much sexier than smooth brass knobs, don't you?
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/knob.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Nice job and nice pictures.
I can see people getting mad at you for altering the knobs. There are purists of all sorts out there. In fact, when I retrofit an old item to work in the modern world I sometimes feel a little guilty as I'm making the changes. However, once it's together and looking and working good, the guilt goes away quickly.