Replacement windows

I have a question about replacement windows...over the summer I had all my windows replaced with brand new "replacement" windows, not "new build" windows. Yesterday was a very windy day(65mph) and with the windows shut and locked, I could feel cold air blowing in from the sides, where the 2 sashes come together along the tracks on the wall that they slide up/down on(follow me?) I know when they were installed, there was insulation stuffed in the gaps before the finishing boards were put on.. anyway, my question is, does every/any window always have some amount of air leakage? Thanks for any input. CG in NY
Gntry wrote:

"Very windy"? I think 65mph winds are like a class II huricane! A little leakage thru the seals at those speeds could be expected from even the best.
65 mph?? would ruin many roofs and knock down alot of trees. No you should not feel wind on a properly done job, but all opening windows have air infiltration, unless it realy was 65 mph
Gntry wrote:

My house has been thru 3 hurricanes and 2 tropical storms ...and I've never felt any noticeable air flow along the side of the windows. The windows in the house are nothing special, probably bottom of the line. So I'd guess that your window isn't well insulated or it simply wasn't designed with a tight seal between parts.
Jean