Replacement Parts for Pride Lift Chairs

Two years ago, I purchased a DMR660 Pride lift chair for my disabled wife. A few weeks ago, the remote conked out, so I needed to purchase a replacement.

Well, $191 later we have our replacement. Allowing for labor, the service call, and tax, the remote itself was $110.

If this happens again (we were told that remotes often need to be replaced every couple of years), I'd like to know if there is a more affordable solution. I've been searching on the Net for dealers who sell these parts, but so far I've come up empty. I would also like to get my hands on a service manual.

It is my understanding that Pride doesn't manufacture their chairs; rather they assemble Chinese components. The remote has very little identification on it: the letters "CE" and a sticker with the identification DWR1234L185.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

Reply to
Daave

Are you talking about the standard wired control unit with the coily cord?

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Yes, I am.

But our chair has two motors (for more positions), so the remote has a two position switch (left-right) toward the bottom.

Reply to
Daave

I'll see if I can take one apar this weekend and see what (probably generic) switches are used. If you are a little handy know how to solder, maybe we can figure out how you might repair thes things yourself for a lot less money.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Thanks a lot, Charlie. I look forward to what you find out!

Reply to
Daave