Replacement Parts for Pride Lift Chairs

Two years ago, I purchased a DMR660 Pride lift chair for my disabled wife. A few weeks ago, the remote conked out, so I needed to purchase a replacement.
Well, $191 later we have our replacement. Allowing for labor, the service call, and tax, the remote itself was $110.
If this happens again (we were told that remotes often need to be replaced every couple of years), I'd like to know if there is a more affordable solution. I've been searching on the Net for dealers who sell these parts, but so far I've come up empty. I would also like to get my hands on a service manual.
It is my understanding that Pride doesn't manufacture their chairs; rather they assemble Chinese components. The remote has very little identification on it: the letters "CE" and a sticker with the identification DWR1234L185.
If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!
--
Dave

Are you talking about the standard wired control unit with the coily cord?
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Yes, I am.
But our chair has two motors (for more positions), so the remote has a two position switch (left-right) toward the bottom.

I'll see if I can take one apar this weekend and see what (probably generic) switches are used. If you are a little handy know how to solder, maybe we can figure out how you might repair thes things yourself for a lot less money.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Thanks a lot, Charlie. I look forward to what you find out!