Prime Windo [sic] replacement parts.

I have Prime Windo replacement aluminum windows installed some time ago. They were made by Roll-A-Way. They have stopped making these windows and getting parts is problematic. What I need most are spring balancers. Where can I get parts?

The sash is held in place by these balancers. They have built in springs and pulleys that counterbalance the sash. The sash is easily removed by rotating something called take out clips away from the frame toward the inside with a fingernail or screwdriver. The clip catches the balance when the sash is raised. The sash can the be tilted out and removed from the frame. The balancers remain connected to the frame.

I think that the same parts have been used by several manufactureres, but I have no idea on how to get parts.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

John‰]

in article 280620042203519236% snipped-for-privacy@Invalid.earthlink.net, John?]                                                                  at snipped-for-privacy@Invalid.earthlink.net wrote on 6/28/04 8:03 PM:

Thank you for the information. I finally obtained the parts from Blaine. They were just what I needed. I do have some comments.

I was primarily interested in the spring balancers. The original ones were made from aluminum. The ones I received from Blaine were galvanized steel. The steel is stiffer than the aluminum. I can tell which is which with my eyes closed. The steel seems to be much more resistant to buckling. Buckling was the usual way they failed if you were careless enough to push the sash with an offset force. The stiffer steel resists greater buckling force. It also seems to have a higher yield force compared to the aluminum. Any mishandling of the aluminum seems to cause local buckling.

The new balancer were more that twice as costly as my previous ones, although that was more than five years ago. I am hoping that using galvanized steel instead of aluminum will not encourage corrosion.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle