Replacement hopper vent for glass block window

There's a glass block window in my basement that has a 22x8 vent in it. The vent is opened or closed by a crank that operates two glass panes. This is common in older glass block windows. However it is very leaky, and the mechanism becomes useless soon, leaving the glass frozen in a slightly open position.
Newer windows have a hopper vent, which has double-pane glass and a simple hinge mechanism, which seals better and lasts longer.
If I had a 22x8 hopper vent, I'd gut the old vent, leaving the aluminum frame in place, because it is screwed to the glass blocks from the inside (how this is done I can't imagine). Then using suitable wood blocks, I'd create mounting points for the new vent mechanism.
However it appears that vents are available only in 16x8. What then is a good way to do this? Even replacing the vent with glass blocks would be difficult, because it would involve removing the frame. Thanks.

Considering the time and aggravation, it might be easiest to remove the complete old window assembly and cement in a new one, vent and all. If the new assembly is the same size as the old one you can have it done in a morning. A SawzAll with a carbide blade will make quick work of the mortar between the old blocks. HTH
Joe