Repairing Gopher grabbers

Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.
What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw again? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
Daniel Prince wrote:

Use bolt/nut instead of screw (assuming it's a thru hole)
Alternatively, perhaps pop rivet.
Or just go w/ larger screw size in existing hole
Daniel Prince wrote:

A washer
--

dadiOH

A washer won't fill in the hole, a machine screw and nut should do the trick.

If it is a dead end hole. Fill with JB Weld and insert screw and let it set up hard. WW
I'm interested in what type of trap you are speaking of.
Can you post a pic or a site where I can see this mechanism?
I use the $4 spring trap variety on pocket gophers here, and have gotten quite good at trapping them.
Steve

A Gopher Grabber is a two-and-a-half-foot long device for reaching, grabbing and picking up small objects that are out of reach. I mostly use them to pick things up off the floor. My short brother uses them to get things off of high shelves.

I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets. They were all gourmands!