Repair luggage wheel - How?

I've searched the news group but ... I need to replace a wheel on my luggage. I see the pin from the outside, but inside I can't see where to drive it out. The inside housing is plastic molded.

I see several screws inside the luggage and removed them but rivets still hold the housing in place. Is there a procedure to remove the pin? Or cut the rivets to get access (ugh)?

Thanks -

Reply to
Harlen Ng

Someone may have a better answer, but I'll bet the pros just rivet in the new ones, ignoring or drilling out what is already there.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

What brand..... some are guaranteed and if you bring it to a luggage store the manufacturer pays for the fix. Quite frankly, the fixes at the real luggage stores are ususally so cheap I bring it there to get a professional fix if it is nice luggage.

Reply to
Art

Many of these seem to be made from the same bearings, wheels, and rivets used in inline skates. You might show it to a pro shop that repairs such items.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch