renewal windows

I replaced my windows last year with renewal by Anderson units . So far they are great. This window is coated on the outside to stay clean ( almost works) what is the best way to safety clean the coated glass? Dealer is vague. Frank

are great. This window is coated on the outside to stay clean ( almost works) what is the best way to safety clean the coated glass? Dealer is vague.

What did Andersen Customer Service say when you called them?
Joe
renewal windows:

are great. This window is coated on the outside to stay clean ( almost works) what is the best way to safety clean the coated glass? Dealer is vague.

Ask on a.h.r.
Frank wrote:

I have them too and had not considered this, but, I believe the coating is an inorganic titanate which should be stable to any cleaner. Only way I could think of to harm the coating would be to abraid it off so as with cleaning any glass you do not want to rub the dirt in when wiping off but first flood the window with water to rinse off abrasive particles.
Frank