Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

Page 5 of 5

GORSCH, read thru most of this thread...have pretty much the same situation....1000 foot elevation, in Oregon, infrequent snow, etc, except it is downhill to the county road.
As other posters have said.... BFD, buy a set of quick-install diamond tir chains from Les Schwab. Run down the road a few times during the storm and immediately after to chop up the snow and keep it driveable. Put the chains on...takes no more than about 10 minutes once you are used to it. Drive your 1/4 mile, take the chains off -- takes about five minutes.
Repeat for the return trip. At 1,000 feet, most years the snow melts pretty quickly. If it gets too bad, take a snow day or two or call someone to plow...
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in wrote:

I think the OP would pass out or die if he had to deal with it snowing on a daily basis. hey, guy, step up and take care of it and stop crying here like a girl.

Oh... no... I'm a wimpy girly man... I'm too delicate to shovel snow. Oops, I broke a nail... I need a hug.
Geez, at six feet and 210 pounds, I'm quite capable of shoveling snow, thank you very much. And for what it's worth, it's practically been snowing here on a daily basis since Christmas. And yes, I've been out there every day shoveling, including four hours last Sunday.
But just because I can, doesn't mean I don't have better things to do with my time and money.
I'm so glad you responded. I would never have figured it out without YOUR help. Thank you so much.
I'm feeling faint... Does this forum make me look fat?
Anthony
P.S. I ordered the Toro 1800 today. $297 delivered. Not a huge investment. Thanks everyone for the information and advice. I appreciate it.

Since you are used to shoveling, consider a Wovel with gravel wheels. Much safer, and less effort.

You have to be kidding!
I don't have a cite for them but have seen one demonstrated recently.
Harry K

Uh no, I'm not kidding.
You've seen one demonstrated, and what?
'Cause I've moved 12" drifts, and wet heavy snow with one of these, and that is the reason for my comments.
Have you used one, or are you just armchair babbling?

I believe the post you quoted answered that question. But no, I have not used one. Have no need to do so and when I have to shovel I will use something that is not a clumsy abortion.
Harry K

OK, so you are armchair babbling.

Whatever but I am sorry you suckered on it. Guess you do have to try to justify it. What did it cost? Lasst I saw IIRC was $69. The one I saw demonstrated was $24 out of a junk shop. Buyer pitched it after that.
Harry K

Let me see if I can get through to this imbecile "Harry K." You never used one, so you have abso no idea how well it works. I wasn't suckered into it, in fact, I've gotten excellent use out of it.
You, on the other hand, are continuing to babble on about something which you have no experience with.
So, once again - why exactly do you think this device doesn't work as advertised? Put up, imbecile, or shut up.