Island Vent - Distance Limit

I have a old, thin-walled house with external galvanized iron dwv servicing the kitchen sink and dish washer. The dwv is rusting through in spots and needs to be replaced. The nearest location in the house where a vent pipe can be run internally to the roof is at the utility room ~30' away. The other option is to run another external dwv pipe.

If I were to put in a island vent under the sink, is 30' too far of a horizontal run for the foot vent? If that's not an option, what do people generally use for external dwv now?, abs, pvc?

Reply to
localhost

Obviously, the local inspector is the person with hard answers and interpretations.

You can run ABS or painted PVC or even copper for the outside vent. It's not DWV, but electrical conduit will hold up well too.

30 Ft is not too far for one fixture on a 1 1/2" vent. Remember, it has to slope upward toward the vent stack though.

Nothing too exciting here:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I wasa under the impressions islands could use those mini vents? or whats known as a loop vent

Reply to
hallerb