refrigerator condenser fan not working

Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V. can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.
davidl wrote:

Hi,
Model#?
You applied 110-120 volts AC to the motor and it operated ok?

Possible burnt wire somewhere....check for any large male-female wire connectors....have seen a few become loose and burn the wire plug.
davidl writes:

Stuck defrost timer.

This is Turtle.
A Broken Wire or 500 other things.
the power going to the fan will be the same power that is going to the compressor. trace it back to see where the problem is.
TURTLE
davidl wrote:

Are you measuring that 37 vac with the fan disconnected? If so and you are using a digital voltmeter, you're probably just reading a capacitively coupled phantom voltage and one of those wires is open somewhere.
Trace it back to where the voltage gets applied to the wire.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)