refrigerator condenser fan not working

Hi, I have a SubZero refrigerator and the condenser fan stopped working. I took out the fan and checked it is ok. But the voltage supply to the fan is only 37 volts instead of 110V. can someone tell me what can cause this. TIA.

Reply to
davidl

Hi,

Model#?

You applied 110-120 volts AC to the motor and it operated ok?

Possible burnt wire somewhere....check for any large male-female wire connectors....have seen a few become loose and burn the wire plug.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Stuck defrost timer.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

This is Turtle.

A Broken Wire or 500 other things.

the power going to the fan will be the same power that is going to the compressor. trace it back to see where the problem is.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Are you measuring that 37 vac with the fan disconnected? If so and you are using a digital voltmeter, you're probably just reading a capacitively coupled phantom voltage and one of those wires is open somewhere.

Trace it back to where the voltage gets applied to the wire.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia