Redo bath vanity tops

I want to replace the bathroom vanity tops in 2 bathrooms in a newer const. (2006). But I'm hesitant to do it myself as I want to preserve the vanity and I want the house to continue to look new.
Is there a close to fool-proof way to seperate the top from the vanity? and they've also put in formica backsplashes, yetch..
Since I purchased this home, I've done a complete bathroom redo in another home and can now see how cheap these formica tops are and how easy it is to get an expensive look for just a little more with those one piece bathroom countertops.. They should have just done it that way in the first place.
in2dadark wrote:

in2dadark wrote:

blade and score and cut all caulking away from wall on the side splashes and back splash, this will keep drywall intact when pulling it away from wall. Slowly pry with good backing to prevent drywall blow out. Once side splash is removed slowly pull up on the front part of counter top, if its glued to vanity try to determine where it's glued and use a small pry bar and drywall knife to break the seal. Take your time. Sometimes you will get damage on drywall where the side splashes are installed, just take your time and it should go ok. Make sure you unhook all your plumbing and drains before attempting to move top.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Thanks. Looks like I only have to deal with glue on the backsplash. On closer look (took the drawer out-go figure) the top is screwed on . Hopefully they didn't go nuclear and use glue too. Something tells me no. There's 4 screws one at each corner. If they used glue too I think they might have quit with 2.
Gonna tackle one of 'em TODAY..Thanks.
in2dadark wrote:

hope it all went well!
--