Re-filing string trimer

I have a dual string trimmer, .080 line. ( Weed Eater ) straight shaft.
The manual says to measure out about 12 ft, then rewind it on the spool in the direction of the arrows.
Did that wound it on as even as possible but it seems to jam when I bump the head on the ground to dispense more line.
Are there any tricks to replacing the line that I am missing?
Thanks
Tom
tflfb wrote:

I've *NEVER* had one work as good with a re-wrap. NEVER. The trick?: Conserve the factory wrap as much as possible, then re-wrap it yourself and throw the #^*@ thing in the garbage when you have had enough of the bulls%%t.
avoid poulan/weedeater brand

the

RIGHT ON!!!!
You get what you pay for - no more. Did you expect that hunk of junk to actually work?