Questions about the Air Chek Radon Testing Kit

Hi. I have some questions about the Air Chek home radon testing kit.
http://www.radon.com/radon/radon_airchek.html
-----
First of all, the instructions say that I have to write my name and address on the packet, using a waterproof pen.
What is a waterproof pen? Is any felt-tip pen a waterproof pen?
-----
Also, I'm supposed to use the packet's hook to hang the packet at my normal breathing level.
Am I supposed to somehow hang the packet from my ceiling? What if my ceiling doesn't have anything from which a packet can hang? Should I tie one end of a piece of string to the packet's hook, and then tape the other end of string to the ceiling?
Thanks for any information.
I've done two such tests in my basement.
first test was hung from the ceiling about three feet away from the steps to go upstairs
Second test was hung 6 ft away from the steps and from a string at a height of 5'10'' from the floor
BOTH tests proved the same levels +-2
My radon was high and I have to mitigation......above 20 ....That was with the basement closed off....Now my basement is unfinished and OLD my foundation is STONE!
SD