Questions about the Air Chek Radon Testing Kit

Hi. I have some questions about the Air Chek home radon testing kit.

-----

First of all, the instructions say that I have to write my name and address on the packet, using a waterproof pen.

What is a waterproof pen? Is any felt-tip pen a waterproof pen?

-----

Also, I'm supposed to use the packet's hook to hang the packet at my normal breathing level.

Am I supposed to somehow hang the packet from my ceiling? What if my ceiling doesn't have anything from which a packet can hang? Should I tie one end of a piece of string to the packet's hook, and then tape the other end of string to the ceiling?

Thanks for any information.

Reply to
midwest_46

I've done two such tests in my basement.

first test was hung from the ceiling about three feet away from the steps to go upstairs

Second test was hung 6 ft away from the steps and from a string at a height of 5'10'' from the floor

BOTH tests proved the same levels +-2

My radon was high and I have to mitigation......above 20 ....That was with the basement closed off....Now my basement is unfinished and OLD my foundation is STONE!

SD

Reply to
SHOPDOG