Putting two exposed work electrical boxes next to each other.

I want to put two 4" square exposed work (metal) electrical boxes next to each other. They will not be against each other because the faceplate won't allow that. Other than that small gap, they will be next to each other. My question is that I want wiring between the two. Do I just remove knockouts between them and use that way or do I have to out them far enough apart to use conduit fittings? Or can I get a gromet for this?
If the knockouts are lined up and very close together, you can use a chase nipple. If they are a little farther apart you can use a close nipple

scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote in

There's a fitting called a box spacer that can be used for this. It leaves a roughly 1/4" gap.
Doug