Push button for garage door opener

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:17:13 -0700, Smitty Two

plus a light on/off button (that doesn't move the door) plus a lock slide switch that prevents the radio receiver from working. All with just two wires. I assume it uses resistors to differentiate between the controls rather than a fancy digital system, but who knows - with cheap pic-type microprocessors available, they could have done it many different ways.
In typed:

I you "bought a new push button and attached the wires correctly." then it has to be the wrong or a defective pushbutton, right?
Since you gave no other information, I responded to the only information you did give.
HTH,
Twayne`
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:32:35 -0400, "Twayne"

together? If it works then, you have a defective button, or a lighted one. No other possibility.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:36:06 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

of your problem, that you bought a lighted one.
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:31:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I agree. Had the same thing. The LED in the button won't pick the relay but it will hold it in.
You can just cut the trace to the LEDs.
On 3/20/2011 12:36 AM, gcotterl wrote:

You didn't say if the "dent" disabled the old button.
If it still works, use an ohm meter or continuity checker across the screw connectors to see if you is a "push-on/push-off" or a "momentary" type of switch. Then, check the replacement one you say is not working properly. The replacement switch should mimic the action of the old one.
If the old switch does not work, figure out which type you need by touching the bare wires together that were connected to the old switch. If a brief touch causes the door to go fully up and another brief touch causes the door to go fully down, you had a "momentary" switch. If you need to hold the bare wires together to keep the door either up or down, and it only moves in the opposite direction when you separate the wires, you had a "push-on/push off" type switch.
Wow, can't believe I found this post. I have the same problem and my garag e door company, 12 years later, tells me they have no idea what the switch is. I can't find a single electrical shop that has a similar push button, which looks like a simple bell, nor security company, nor ebay. I've tried two (lighted) bells with no luck but cant even find one without to try at the moment.
On 02/17/2015 10:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Amazon has almost everything!
http://smile.amazon.com/Honeywell-RPW304A1003-Surface-Mount-Button/dp/B001G0MB3C
On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:50:28 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What post?

What problem?

What switch?

What would make it similar?

The switch looks like a bell? What kind of bell does it look like?

You have two lighted bells? Where in a bell does the light come from? Do the bells ring?

Without what?

One of the worst posts I've ever read here.
If you mean without a light, if you want a swtich without a light, take the swtich you have and disconnect the light. Cut one of the wires to it if you have to. Better yet, leave the swtich alone and take the two wires from the house that are meant to go to the switch, and touch the uninsulated part of one of them to the other. What happens?
Why do you think the switch is the problem?
On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 5:26:27 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:

I think yours' come out of left field, occasionally! Did you look at the OP 1st? I don't feel compelled to respond to someone that finds an old post yrs old...let them start a new one if they need help. IMHO