Problem with NEW Toilet Bowl

I just converted my porch to something along the lines of a sunroom by enclosing it in fully. I installed a little washroom with a sink and toilet as well. While the sink works fine, I am having a problem with the toilet. I used the template to cut the hole in the porch and used the waxum ring. Made sure I had no leaks and it flushes fine although I am using the hot water instead of cold because I screwed up.
My problem is that I am getting an awful stench coming from the bowl. It started fine but after a couple of days of use, it's really starting to stink. I'm wondering if I missed anything in the installation? Thanks Hamlicar
Sounds like it needs a vent stack going to the roof. Or maybe a trap was left out.

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 01:35:21 +0000, Art wrote:

Trap/Vent ? Where does that go? The instructions that came with bowl didn't say anything about a trap or vent. tia HB

The mouse trap is for mice and the ceiling vent is for removing smells, Panasonic makes a nice vent fan.
It must be nice a toilet on the porch you can watch the cars go by, Maybe it that hot water goin to the toilet , its cookin the poo. Naw you dont need no trap, mouse or whatever, poison is easier and no vent on a porch yer all vented outdors. Must be a sight though, scenery.

I think we've found one of Art James mutant offspring, see what happens when you sleep with the sheep.

I'd be worried that the hot water might eventually melt the wax ring away.