Privacy Fence Question

Hi all,
I am putting up a 6ft privacy fence. I had the posts set by a local contractor and I am planning on putting up the backer rails and slats myself. My question is this. When I measure the height for the rails should I
1. Measure from the ground for each post 2. Measure from the bottom of the end posts and then chalk a line across them and use that. 3. Use a chalk line and a line level and create a perfectly level line all the way across.
The ground is pretty level then slopes a bit then is level again.
Please help!
Thanks

Option 2 looks the best to my eyes. That's how I did it.
nicbro wrote:

It is whatever looks best to you. I use #3 and use a water level to keep it even. Dropping it at a post if needed keeping every cross piece level.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit