price of AAA alkaline

Actually I liked flashlights that use C cells because I could hold one in my mouth.
Now, I can hold the 3-AAA 9 LED light in my mouth and the question is, Do I attach that cord or not? I really don't use it, and it feels funny in my mouth, but not that funny!

Very nice of you.

Yeah, they do. They're quite good but anything cheaper, like at the dollar store, is too cheap.

LOL
On 6/1/2016 2:24 AM, Micky wrote:

CY: Yes, that is a good reason. For me, a strap on head light works OK for many things.

CY: I don't use the cord very often. Might want to leave it off.

CY: Yes, quite nice. Of course, you may wish to buy some alkalines when things get back to normal and you can find them.

CY: I tried one from Dollar Tree. The tube is too small, won't take some batteries. The batteries just don't fit in the tube. The HF free with coupon and $4.99 purchase light is good. I put grease on the tail cap threads, the machining is really rough. But, it is machined not stamped. The black HF free lights are really good light output.

CY: Some are junk. The Etons are actually reasonable quality for the size and price.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I have one of those. When they were really cheap I bought 4 and gave them to friends, but I didn't have it when I needed it for some reason. It was kept somewhere when the flashlight was right on the shelf or the table or in the drawer.

On 6/1/2016 3:22 PM, Micky wrote:

Sigh. Not there when you needed it. I hate it when that happens.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Even 5 or 10 years ago I don't think I used many batteries. It seems I need a lot more now.

I guess.
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 5:49:26 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

I found an Amazon offering where the AAA ($0.44) are actually cheaper than the AA ($0.58).
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
vs.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
FWIW, Amazon battery prices are inconsistent. Same battery, same quantity, various prices. Interesting.
On 5/31/2016 5:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

At Costco, AA batteries are cheaper both for Duracell and Kirkland:
Kirkland AA: 27.8¢ Kirkland AAA: 32.3¢
Duracell AA: 39.5¢ Duracell AAA: 48.75¢
While it's true that AA are manufactured in larger quantity, both are still manufactured in enormous quantities so there would be no savings from that.
I would have expected them to cost the same since the cost of materials is a very minor factor in the retail price.
AAAA are far more expensive than either, but those are manufactured in relatively low quantities. I only have one device that uses them.
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 10:10:06 AM UTC-4, sms wrote:

han the

QCN0/ref=pd_bxgy_121_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JNNJE1PF2KYHWTB5J5A

ty,

As has been noted earlier, that is the norm. I stumbled upon the cheaper AAA offering at Amazon just by clicking around. It's a rarity.

I think I recall maybe, possibly, having had one device many years ago that used AAAA. I have no clue what it was, but I do remember the tiny batteries for some reason. (I think!)
What is the AAAA device that you have?

You have to be careful buying batteries on Amazon. They have a lot of third party vendors flogging outdated product. Stuff sold by Amazon is usually decent.
On 05/31/2016 10:11 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[snip]

I have never seen an AAAA sold separately, but some 9v batteries are made from 6 of them.
There's also an F cell, 4 or which are used to make a 6v lantern battery.
I had some solar-powered LED lights that used an odd size: 2/3AA. When those went bad I looked for replacements and the only ones I could find cost several times as much as new lights.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 5/31/2016 2:58 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I've taken apart Duracell 6v lantern battery. The ones I've had were four D cells and a spacer and some metal conductor.
Each of the three or four lantern batt had ONE bad D cell, the other three were fine.
Energizer are supposed to be F cells, but I've never taken one apart.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The spacer must have been pretty big.

On 6/1/2016 2:39 AM, Micky wrote:

I remember it being kind of X shaped, and about an inch tall. Been a few years. What I remember being irritating is to think of the various 6 volt batteries being thrown out by people, not knowing they contain three good D cells. Just rip em open with diags. What a waste of perfectly good batteries.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 07:58:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Even if the total internal resistance of one cell was too high, would not the other 3 cells be almost depleted as well? Presumably their charge capacity was similar due to all 4 being similar in the masses of the electrodes, and during the lifetime of the 4 in series, the total current would be identical for each cell.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

On 6/1/2016 11:52 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:

Yes, I'd figure the amp hour load would be even. Still, the actual results is that the other three cells light a flash light bulb.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

This.

Good point.

I've never heard of them.
On 5/31/2016 8:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Not really. Note they are different sellers, not Amazon.
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'll reword it:
Prices on Amazon are inconsistent.
On Tue, 31 May 2016 05:51:00 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

That's pretty good. I have to confess, I compare everything to the batteries I got at Monoprice. About 20 cents each, either size, 6 months ago. I only bought them to get to a minimum order for free shipping (a temporary offer) and I didn't realize how cheap they were. Now I don't want to pay shipping for just batteries, although come to think of it I think their shipping is moderate and it might still be worth it.

Yeah, you read the reviews and some mention prices far above what they are charging now. They might mention prices far below too but when prices are high, I'm not reading the reviews.