OT? Insects, esp. moths, what wiill they do?

What harm does it do if bugs fly into the house? Mostly moths and a small number with spindly legs.

I don't have any all-wool suits. They are all wool and ??polyester??, or some blend that moths won't eat, not even the wool part. I think I have one tie that moths will eat, but they ate holes in it 20 years ago. (Now I just use it to tie up my gf.) I don't have any wool carpeting or any remaining wool blankets.

So what have I got to lose by not having the screen in one window at the front of the house in place?

Details: The screen works well in the back window, because it's 3 panes wide with 6 windows (one window and one storm per pane), so that's 4 slots per width x 3 widths = 12 panes' worth of channel slots, and only 6 windows plus one screen. So there's plenty of room there.

But in the front I have strange window frames, wide enough for two panes, with 4 channels that hold two panes and two storm windows. (The storm windows are totally separate from the regular windows. That's not great, because to open or close takes twice the effort, but oh well.) Only half will open at one time if even one of the 4 windows is in place. (I hope this was clear!)

So where does one put the screen? In any channel, usually the outside one, but because the screen is the same width as a window, exactly half the width of the window frame, there's no good way to take the screen out or put it back in.

A year ago, I finally tore down the ivy I'd let grow up the house. It actually didn't stick to the rather smooth light tan brick, or to the mortar, like friends threatened me it would, but it stuck really hard to the painted T1-11 and even worse to the painted wood door frame. Oh well. The next owner can clean it up.

And it was clinging like crazy to the 2nd floor screen, which I had to take out to get the ivy off of it. I had to twist the whole screen to get it out. I've done this before with a similar window. And though twisting it too many times will lead to its demise, I think I could get it back in the frame at least one more time without destroying it.

But should I bother? It was out all last summer, and the window was open all last summer. Now I didn't use the room it was in for the first part, but in late July or early August I moved the computer there and the light was on when I was in the room. And last summer I never saw a bug in the house!!

This year, maybe because it's spring, there have been quite a few moths and mini-harvestmen, but not that many and maybe even this moderate number will taper off.

At any rate what will the insects I've seen do to me or my house. None have even tried to bite or sting me. (none have stingers, or proboscises, whatever mosquitoes have.)

Reply to
Micky

Do not pass GO...do not collect $200...Go directly to psychiatric lock-up!

Reply to
bob_villain