Preperation H

We had a spill of preperation H on a chair, it left a stain or a bleach mark of about 1 inch by 1/2 inch. The fabric is a rough tweed. It happened a few months ago. Any ideas on how to correct it?
--
les ungerleider

Sounds like the iodine in the ointment bleached the fabric. Bleach stains are pretty much impossible to remove since they have already removed something themselves.

Hi Les!
L > We had a spill of preperation H on a chair, it left a stain or a L > bleach mark of about 1 inch by 1/2 inch. The fabric is a rough tweed. L > It happened a few months ago. Any ideas on how to correct it?
Someone else suggested it bleached the colour out of the fabric. It appears you would either need to re-stain the spot to match or perhaps apply Preperation H to the entire seat to bleach out to match the spot.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Who beta tested Preparations A through G, and why?
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
barry martin wrote:

perhaps
Thanks everybody for the help, we will just try to cover the spot with some ink. LES
dye the fabric
candice