Preperation H

We had a spill of preperation H on a chair, it left a stain or a bleach mark of about 1 inch by 1/2 inch. The fabric is a rough tweed. It happened a few months ago. Any ideas on how to correct it?

Reply to
LesU

Sounds like the iodine in the ointment bleached the fabric. Bleach stains are pretty much impossible to remove since they have already removed something themselves.

Reply to
donald girod

Hi Les!

L > We had a spill of preperation H on a chair, it left a stain or a L > bleach mark of about 1 inch by 1/2 inch. The fabric is a rough tweed. L > It happened a few months ago. Any ideas on how to correct it?

Someone else suggested it bleached the colour out of the fabric. It appears you would either need to re-stain the spot to match or perhaps apply Preperation H to the entire seat to bleach out to match the spot.

  • Who beta tested Preparations A through G, and why?
Reply to
barry martin

perhaps

Thanks everybody for the help, we will just try to cover the spot with some ink. LES

Reply to
LesU

dye the fabric

candice