Saw that ugly^h^h^h^h distinctive boat today....

Remember that "built from scrap" barge on Grand Designs a couple of months back, where Mr. Social Worker pissed away the value of a house assembling a odd looking barge that no one would offer mooring space to?

I was on the beach today at Chalkwell on Sea (couple of miles up river from Southend), and found myself looking at something rather odd moored about half a mile out from the shore. Its only when it drifted round a bit to the side I worked out what it was! Not sure if it was actually moored there for the duration or was en-route elsewhere up the Thames, but it would be a slightly awkward place to live - you may find yourself on dry land once a day, but there would be a hell of a long muddy walk to get to the shore!

Reply to
John Rumm

Probably being towed out to sea for gunnery practice.

Reply to
dom

The Medway Eco-barge?

"there is a faint glimmer of a chance that one day this houseboat will be, well, nearly beautiful." (Kevin)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Seems it's the Thames eco barge now ;-)

The actual end result inside was not too bad... shame about the outside.

(I did get SWMBO to photograph it with her phone, but I expect lack of zoom will reduce it to a few pixels!)

Reply to
John Rumm

That crap music would be best set to a video of some badly dressed, flatulent sweeper up of bent nails and wet shavings, scraping together a pile to piss on.

I wouldn't keep pigs in that place. Residents of Tewkesbury would have avoided it in their darkest hour. I am proud to say I haven't watched that programme in years. It's down there with the BBC weather forecasts.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer