Power washing vinyl siding???

Is power washing vinyl siding a DIY project for a common sense individual?
If so, what psi is recommended? Do you have to keep a "down" spray angle on the sides? Any special concerns for spraying the soffits? Do you use liquid cleaners or just plain water? The majority is vinyl but the facia & trim is vinyl coated aluminum. Any special problems with this?
Tia Bob S.
Just plain water works. I have a 1400 PSI little electric and it did wonderfully on my storage shed. I bought it at Homo-Depot for $109.00 You do need to watch your angle though as you can easily get water behind the siding wetting whatever is behind it.

Good old water will do wonders, but a little Simple Green would help a bunch. Mix up a lite batch and apply with a weed sprayer starting at the bottem of the wall. Make sure you cover the wall evenly or you may get clean drips that may not wash out. Spray ar a down ward angle to avoid srayng water into any weep holes. Greg