Power 1000W H36 Mercury lamp

Hello everyone;

I have a GE 1000W H36 (H1000C36-15) BT-56 Mercury vapor bulb I want to power up but don't have the proper 1000W H36 ballast. I do have some

400W M59 MH ballast but the bulb lights up only partial way then cycles. Could anyone here give me an idea on how to power the lamp up to full brightness? Also, I tried a bank of capacitors in parallel with the lamp to increase the OCV voltage of the ballast; but still didn't get the lamp to full light output. This is just a boring "weekend project". Johnson
Reply to
EJohnson

see various discussions at:

buffalobill