Pool Cover?

Page 2 of 2
Well ... SteveB....
Thanks for weighing in, but as to your comments that "You sound like it's the children are a bother, "...
As I stated my children's safety IS MY FIRST PRIORITY!!! This is why they are currently not allowed outside under any circumstances when the pool is covered, and in the summer, only allowed outside under STRICT supervision at ALL times... to suggest that I need to "Watch my kids." is beyond the pale, and over and above and kind of advice I am asking for here... in addition, it borders on downright obnoxious banter on your part...
A fence like the one you had mentioned is NOT as safe as a safety cover IMHO... Any kid can climb a small fence. My kid is NOT going to be able to unbolt all anchored tie downs on a safety cover. My original post said that I wanted to protect my kids first, keep rain and leaves out secondarily, and maybe provide a means to claim yard space. The fence idea does absolutely NONE of these.
Thanks anyway. Anyone else want to give me some ideas without lecturing me on how to raise my children?
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:36:35 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Fill in the damned pool.

You're welcome. Check with local safety officials. Although they'll tell you the same thing, and you'll still resent it. You seem bothered by having to secure your pool from your kids in the first place.
Steve
"You seem bothered by having

Bothered? Not really, perhaps you are taking my posts in the wrong way.
I am not bothered, rather I am frustrated because I am having a hard time finding a cover that will work on my odd shaped pool.
Your're probably right though, that I should check the local building code if I intend on installing a semi-permanent structure. They will probably not even allow such a thing. I do know that the local code does not require me to install another fence around the pool itself, only that the entire yard is fenced in and locked, which it already is.
The fence idea may be enough for safety for the kids, but does nothing to prevent rain, snow and leaves from entering the pool.
I should really post another pic taken from the other side of the yard, seems like nobody can see the height difference from patio to pool. I just do not see how a mesh cover can work on this pool, sorry bout that... I will repost tomorrow. Thanks for all your input everyone... much appreciated.
On Feb 29, 5:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Post another picture if you can. Are you saying the the edge of the pool is not at the same level?
-Tom