Please help diagnose electrical problem

Thanks Rich, I've given up on this and called an electrician. I'll post back here afterwards so anyone who's curious can see what it was.

The map/list of outlets/breakers is a must for the future- Good idea.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
parangles

The ceiling fans I have seen have 4 wires, black (hot for fan), white (neutral), blue (hot for light), and green (ground). Both fan and light use the same wire for neutral. You would not be able to connect fan and light to separate circuits without creating a potentially dangerous condition.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Thanks, we will be watching.

Reply to
Rich256

Google has nothing to do with it anyway. This isn't a

The best way to post a pic/screenshot is go to tinypic.com.

Reply to
Terry

I'll post it on Comcast, my ISP, and paste a link here.

Got this fixed by an electrician moonlighting after hours. Cost $75 - Ouch ! Wires that fed back from the fan into the wall switch were burnt. Burnt dimmer switch also needed replacement. Thanks to all.

Reply to
parangles

Google has nothing to do with it anyway. This isn't a

I already have a website, so I'd find it easier to post it there.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I have a web page too, but I still find it easier to post temporary stuff like screenshots at tinypic. Tinypic works for people that do and people that don't use their web page.

Also, you don't have to worry about how long to leave a temporary pic on your web site.

Reply to
Terry

Comcast, my ISP, and paste a link here.

You are lucky that damage was where the electrician could get to it. You can't get anyone out to your house for less than that. $75 is a fair price.

Reply to
Terry