Plastic trash barrel problem

I bought two plastic trash barrels, seemed to be very rugged, $12 each. They stood up to everything during the summer but they became brittle in cold weather. The trash pickup people toss them on the ground after emptying them and that was enough to shatter the top half of both of them. Any suggestions on what to buy that will stay somewhat flexible in cold weather? Brand name? Type of plastic? What should I look for? Within reason, I'm not concerned about price. No HD or Lowes in this area, only Ace and True Value.
Bob

Rubbermaid brand, made of rubber (not plastic). These withstand bouncing in temperatures to -20 Celsius.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
RobertM wrote:

Rubbermaid brute. the gray ones.
yourname wrote:

Yes, I have one that is over 20 years old. Has one crack in the top rim (been there at least 10 years without spreading) and a crack in the bottom. Keep meaning to drill a couple holes in the bottom so rain will drain out.
Harry K
Harry K
yourname wrote:

OK, thanks, I think they may have those at Wally-Mart.
Bob
I've had good luck with Rubbermaids trash containers. http://www.rcpworksmarter.com/rcp/products/detail.jsp?categoryID=4&subcategoryID '5&rcpNum&09
Rich ===================================Garage Door Parts, LLC 973-472-4818 http://www.garagedoorsupply.com ===================================