Plastic HDPE welding rods

Had to repair a wheelbarrow box that was HDPE. After looking at rods on "the e" I started to look at what I had laying around the scrap piles. Turned out the "zipoff" lock on plastic bucket lids I had were all HDPE and made nice rods. They can be easily cut down with tin snips and did a fine job on the box. I used a Hexacon 200b iron. One less landfill contribution always helps.
--
Mr.E

On 9/6/2015 4:03 AM, Mr.E wrote:

plastic milk jugs too...
On 09/06/2015 04:03 AM, Mr.E wrote:

Good suggestion, but double check, some of the bucket lids I looked at were polypropylene, recycle code 5.