Pigeon Control

Page 2 of 2
says... :) I've been searching for an easy way for pigeon control in a small :) space under an eve of the roof. One product contains 93% Polybutene :) (I'm no chemist) and a single gallon of spray cost about 100 bucks. :) :) I would like to use the "sticky surface" approach to run the pigeons :) off. Is there any similar product containing the Polybutene that can :) be applied easily? Something with the same affect, but fewer dollars? :) :) Oren :) "My doctor says I have a malformed public-duty gland :) and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore :) excused from saving Universes." :) You should be able to find at Home Depot type store a product called Bird Away (Squirrel Away is same product) or Hot Foot. They will be applied with a caulk gun and would guess it is under $10. If the area is flat it should be no problem, if it is a slope when it gets hot in the Summer it may run. Very little is needed.
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,

State of the art is what the power companies use at substations. A hi-fi recording of other birds in stress making alarm calls. Don't know if it is specis specific or not and probably isn't very cheap either.
Lots of solutions here http://birdbgone.com/

Help me out in tens words. This is a house with some pest; not anything complicated.

Bird-B-Gone,Tanglefoot,or other similar product.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Oren wrote:

Some people use a fine wire, strung across and above the landing spot to keep them from landing. Never tried it.
http://www.bird-x.com/pdh /
all sorts of humane solutions
http://www.bird-x.com/pdh /
all sorts of humane solutions
http://www.bird-x.com/pdh /
all sorts of humane solutions

Thanks for the replies. I had seen many of the products mentioned in links posted. I spoke to the neighbor about the pigeons and he said he "put up some screen" and I wanted to know what type and he pointed up to a pigeon-hole, so I looked, looked back at him saying what screen?
Anyway, he used a black landscape fabric about the size of a bowling ball - all wadded up and stuffed up into the space. I could not see it when he pointed it out due to the appearance of the shadow.
Makes since in my situation. If it had to be removed for any reason, simple pull it out (a couple of staples can hold the screen in place).
Thanks,
Oren