Pigeon Manure

I had friend years ago who was a big veggie gardener and he said pigeon manure was the best for gardens, But I was told there is to much acid in it. So when would you put in on the garden. I would think in fall after my garden is done for the year. By spring it would try up and I could till it in to the garden.By the way I live in wisconsin. CAn anyone help me out? THANK YOU

Reply to
Romy Beeck

Mix if with the fall leaves and you will make a nice hot weed free compost. Otherwise follow all the warnings about hot manures like chicken manure.

Reply to
Beecrofter

"Romy Beeck" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

what i'd like to know is who was the guy or girl with the horn rimmed glasses and notebook that went around testing this.

Let's see:

Chicken sheyite: A Elephant dung: B+ Hippo turd: B- Iguana pellet: C+ Lion crap: D Monkey fling: F Ostrich doody: B+ Pigeon manure: A+++ Water Buffalo patty: A-

Reply to
Salty Thumb