PHIL'S WASHER QUESTION

I have a whirlpool imperial seventy old used machine that has stopped doing the spin cycle. I can hear the motor going and it starts to spin then just peters out. Any answers?
phil
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:47:27 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

Look under the machine Is this a direct drive? (no belt) Are there little bits of plastic on the floor?
You have a bad coupler.
First thought came to mind, was lid switch. Of course, the Whirlpools often had direct drive couplers that were known to go bad.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus