Pella windows from Lowes?

Page 2 of 2
al wrote:

Why wouldn't you just go directly to Pella? I went to pella.com, set up an appointment, and a very nice sales person came to my house, with sample windows, and gave me a thourough set of bids including each of the options they offer.
If you are doing it for financing through Lowe's that's one thing. I would let Lowe's offer you whatever "other" brand they carry, and maybe leave the Pella windows to Pella.
I dunno.
j wrote:

I didn't know that was an option. If that's available in my area I'll do that. THanks for the suggestion.
AB
j wrote:

Was your appointment with a factory rep or does Pella give the information to a local retailer as a lead to contact the homeowner?
AB
al wrote:

She was a Pella Sales Rep, worked for Pella, card was a Pella card. I don't have it with me to give her exact title, but she worked for a Pella Window and Door Store.
http://www.pella.com/finder/description.asp?section=window-door
She seemed very knowledgeable, and was not pushy at all...very low pressure. I honestly felt like she was more concerned with me getting what I wanted rather than selling me the most expensive line of windows Pella offered. FWIW, I really liked their fiberglass windows over vinyl options I've seen, but I really don't know diddly about windows, so that shouldn't be worht much.

If you really want Pella, I'd 2nd going to Pella. We did the same thing, and at the time, at least, they had no payments/interest for a year + 25% off on every order for life if you bought more than $10k (which includes the installation).
The sales person we got has been very good. -Mark
j wrote:

The Pella guy who came to my house did not do that. He gave me the price of one option (maybe there is only one option for my situation, I'm not sure), and it was pretty darn expensive. A lot more expensive than the prices Lowes lists for Pella wood windows.
I would still try Lowes (and still plan to myself) just to see how they compare. I wouldn't automatically assume Pella offers the lowest price on their own windows. Manufacturers rarely offer the lowest price on their products when selling direct - in any industry. You can almost always do better if you go through a retailer. I don't know if that's true in windows or not, but I don't know why it wouldn't be.
The one reason I'd go through Pella over Lowes would be the installation. I'd probably trust Pella to supervise better, since they're going to be the ones dealing with the warranty issues if anything bad happens. So it may be worth a bit of a premium to go with Pella direct, but it's still probably worth finding out what (if any) that premium is.