Payne AC/Heat Pump?

Looking for "pros/cons" regarding Payne heat pumps. Understand they're manufactured by Bryant/Carrier.

Thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art

International Comfort Products..ICP makes them. Tempstar, Heil, Carrier, Payne, and Bryant...and a few other oddball private labels. Historically, they have a large number of coil leaks, valve problems, and smaller other quality control issues. Some love them, some hate them. I like them since when they break, there is a large profit margin for parts due to design. I like them because they seem to fail as often as Goodman. I dont like them from a standpoint of consumer quality..I dont mean to sound like I am putting them down...far from it. Installed correctly, they will perform as well as any other. Most techs are still not sold on the Puron, (R410) refrigerant, and neither is most makers of units, even though we all sell them or have them in inventory IF someone wants one. Carrier has done this to the public in the past, and would like for everyone to forget the R500 refrigerant fiasco of a few short years back. If you trust the contractor installing it, go for it. If you dont, shop other brands like Rheem/Ruud (no longer an American owned company as information), Amercian Standard/Trane, York/Coleman/Luxaire, and even Goodman/Janitrol if price is an issue. Try to stay away from Tappan/Nordyne/Miller. Goodman ranks a bit higher than that on the scale of quality, but remember, Goodman/Janitrol isnt called JaniJunk for just any reason....its cheap, real cheap..

Reply to
CBhvac