patio umbrella - need cloth part only

I have a patio umbrella in which the canvas is shot. The wooden frame is still fine, however. I would like to just get a new canvas (or whatever cloth) for it, but I have not been able to find anyone selling these. The design seems pretty standard, and the cloth part is designed to be removable, so I am a little mystified as to why I can't find this replacement part.

I tried googling it but all I found were patio umbrellas - frame and all - or patio umbrella covers, which are slipcovers you can put over the umbrella to protect it when not in use.

If anyone knows of a source for these on the Net, or major chain store that carries them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
Heathcliff

You could probably pick up a good umbrella for about $20. Ace Home center had them for that price a couple of days ago.

Reply to
Mikepier

I saw some others, too. Here's the Google terms I used: patio furniture "replacement fabric" umbrella

Reply to
Anonymous

Just a few I found in a Yahoo search (it helps to put the word "replacement" in the search)...

edlisal

Thanks! I bow to your web-surfing skills . . . .

For any other cheapos like me, the middle one of the three sites has

9-foot replacement covers for $39.95 -- appropriate for an umbrella like mine that only cost 99.95 to start with. -- H
Reply to
Heathcliff

Now what I would like to is: How the heck did you manage to get a patio umbrella to last more than one season!?!? :)

I throw away a broken umbrella every year, and I usually spend >$100 for them.

Reply to
Anonymous