Passing cable via switch box

Hi,
For reasons of esthetics, I'd like to pass a 14gage Romex via a switch box on a wall. This is a surface mounted box. This new cable is on separate ckt breaker. Is this allowed by NEC code? Can't find that case anywhere.
Thanks...RichK

If you mean through a switch box, it's not something I've ever seen done,at least not without a splice in the box, but provided the box has adequate space for the additional conductors and two connectors, it should be fine

done,at
You are right, not the usual case :-) I'm mounting a receptacle box, below a switch box. Both surface mounted on the wall. Do not want run the cable around the switch box, although it would be easier and quicker.

Thanks...will do that.

Could you replace the existing switch box with a larger box, and install the receptacle in it with the existing devices?

the
Guess I could.
The box has 2 switches in it, so I suppose I could get a one bigger, but am not sure I've seen surface mounted one for 3 devices. Already had a spare 2-device box with the right receptacle cover.
Richk
wrote in message

An electrical supply will have surface gang boxes up to six gang, although a three gang may not be practical for your application

Yes this is allowable, as long as there is adequate room in the box. You can make other circuit connections (or pass thru) any electrical box.