parquet flooring

Hi Group:
I have a floor that has staples from a previous carpet install and would like to refinish/repair the floor-- the finish is completely worn and there are a few cat stains. My question is or would it make more sense to replace the floor completely rather than invest a day removing staples or would a professional refinisher/repairer be able to restore the floor to almost original condition. We are talking about approx 850 sq ft apt in NYC. Thanks

Get a price on a new floor and you'll be down on your knees pulling staples. Hard to say not being able to see it, but a good refinisher can do wonders.