Parade Magazine - HF

Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation. I almost never look at it because it has articles like "What every woman was wearing at the Cat Show," but for some reason I happened to glance through it today.
The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.
None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light switches, assorted reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).
The ad DID have your standard 20% off coupon, but this is no big deal inasmuch as we all now know where to get one on the web http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-17547.html
What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! The very same one that was on sale this weekend for a dollar. Yippee!
Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

on.

was

ght

reight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-17547.html

Where have you been? That ad runs every weekend almost all year.

Where have I been? Like I said, I've been ignoring Parade Magazine.
on 11/03/2013, HeyBub supposed :

Don't you have gravity in the wrong hemisphere to drive a plumbob? :-?

--
John G

HeyBub:
You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over 50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.
I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?
Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a courier like UPS or Purolator?
Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.
--
nestork

"Shipping" often includes "handling" even if they don't state it as S&H. Handling costs rarely match actual cost of the handling. It probably cost them a couple of bucks to ship the batteries but they they hit you for the extra $10 just because they can.
Whenever I shop online, I sort by total cost whenever possible. Amazon let's you do that. Just yesterday I bought something for $3.59 plus $4.99 shipping instead of $8.99 with free shipping. I don't really care what the fake S&H charges are as long as the total cost is the lowest.
nestork wrote:

Slight correction: I did not comment on the shipping charges.

Uh, no. I picked it up at my local store.

HF probably absorbs the additional shipping cost when the cost exceeds $6.99.

In your "FINALLY got the HF Miter Saw" thread, IGot2P said:
"If you look at their 10" sliding miter saw at http://tinyurl.com/7f8xksq I can see that it only bevels one way and appears to be direct drive but both motors are 15 Amp so why is it 20 pounds lighter? The 10" saw can currently be purchased for $79.99 with a coupon and the shipping on either one is $6.99 so which is the best buy?"

lithium ion batteries are fire hazards, just ask boeing about their dreamliner...
carriers sometimes charge more for hazardous stuff, because it requires special handling
On 3/11/2013 12:36 AM, nestork wrote:

Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight. I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was only $13.
Unless you're the government, some people think you're unpatriotic, and probably a terrorist.
Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight. I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was only $13.
On Monday, March 11, 2013 12:36:50 AM UTC-4, nestork wrote:

No, Harbor Freight simply rolls the average cost of shipping into the price of the item.
Your lithium battery prices were artificially low, and the seller is getting all his profit by overcharging you for shipping.
The $6.99 is a token "handling" charge.
Of course HF ships by the cheapest means possible: square-wheeled ox cart pulled by a retarded lizard. If you want better shipping then you pay normal rates.

Here's a 25% off HF coupon good for another 3 months....Paul
http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid 11918&d62001778
Packratpaul wrote:

Wow! Thanks!
Can I use it a Bed, Bath, & Beyond? The coupon itself doesn't say which company it's for.