DIY magazine ( OT?)

Hi, My OH has a birthday soon. I would like to get him a magazine subscription ,preferably to a DIY type magazine. The trouble is I cannot find any. Many years ago he used to buy "Practical Plumber" or " Practical Householder ( or something like that. It changed names several times and it morphed into woodworker and carver ( or something similar) eventually and my OH didn't have anything he could read ( he doesn't like wood working/carving/ wood turning etc.)
I was looking for something of a practical magazine with little projects of sorts he might do ( like fixing and plastering etc). Nothing too complicated -I doubt he will get beyond planning stages but he likes to read the things and I am sure he imagines doing them! Nothing too major or complicated or nerdy that you need a degree to decipher.
Is there any magazine that DIYers could recommend that he might find interesting?.
Thanks in advance for useful suggestions ( I will ignore all trolling answers from the usual suspects)
On Feb 9, 7:05 am, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> wrote:

ption

lder

/
of

ead

ng

Wouldn't Collins DIY Guide fulfil the same function in one hit?
On Feb 9, 7:05 am, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> wrote:
<<Wouldn't Collins DIY Guide fulfil the same function in one hit?>>
It does and he already has one. However, a magazine serves the purpose of being ongoing - something to read each month ( a bit like I buy a womans mag). OH needs something to look forward to.
Thanks
On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:01:23 -0000, just as I was about to take a herb, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> disturbed my reverie and wrote:

?
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
DrTeeth wrote:

:-)
--
Adam

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:01:23 -0000, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> wrote:

Start divorce proceedings.
G.Harman
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Or give him a link to
http://www.facebook.com/le.Troll.Magazine
--
Adam

On 09/02/2013 07:05, sweetheart wrote:

Why not get him to read this newsgroup and, of course, all the related Wiki articles? Far better than any magazine!
[If you do, you may need to tone down your disparaging remarks about him!]
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 09/02/2013 07:05, sweetheart wrote:

I dare say CAMRA publishes one with good articles about practical plastering...
--
Adrian C

Who are CAMRA? I thought that was the campaign for real ale but I will stand corrected. ( btw, if it is meant to be "funny" OH doesnt drink alcohol. His family are church temerance and he took the pledge when he was a lad and has kept it).
sweetheart wrote:

That's probably why he's so miserable
On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:30:46 +0000, Phil L wrote:

No, there's a different reason for that.
sweetheart wrote:

http://www.bridgeweb.com/Subscribe/Default.aspx
--
Adam

On Feb 9, 7:05 am, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> wrote:

ption

lder

/
of

ead

ng

Cheers Adam
On Feb 9, 7:05 am, "sweetheart" <hotmail.com> wrote:

Thank you. I will look through those and see if there is anything he would be best suited to. Cheers Adam
On 09/02/2013 07:05, sweetheart wrote:

The closest thing would probably be one of the house building mags... although that may be a little broader in scope and scale than you want.
Many of the mags are also likely to be American, which may not matter as much on subjects like woodwork, and furniture etc, but becomes more of an issue with other building practices which will differ more significantly.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Saturday, 9 February 2013 07:05:58 UTC, sweetheart wrote:

just the thing here:-
Http://www.patios.big.enough.to.bury.trolls.under.com/subscriptions.htm
it's super!
Jim K
On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:10:01 -0800 (PST), just as I was about to take a

Cheers

DrT

Buy 12 months subscription to the Uk-diy FAQs
Just send me a cheque for £120
--
geoff

On 11/02/2013 22:45, geoff wrote:

You're too late! I offered her that for free at the outset! <g>
--
Cheers,
Roger