DIY magazine ( OT?)

Hi, My OH has a birthday soon. I would like to get him a magazine subscription ,preferably to a DIY type magazine. The trouble is I cannot find any. Many years ago he used to buy "Practical Plumber" or " Practical Householder ( or something like that. It changed names several times and it morphed into woodworker and carver ( or something similar) eventually and my OH didn't have anything he could read ( he doesn't like wood working/carving/ wood turning etc.)

I was looking for something of a practical magazine with little projects of sorts he might do ( like fixing and plastering etc). Nothing too complicated -I doubt he will get beyond planning stages but he likes to read the things and I am sure he imagines doing them! Nothing too major or complicated or nerdy that you need a degree to decipher.

Is there any magazine that DIYers could recommend that he might find interesting?.

Thanks in advance for useful suggestions ( I will ignore all trolling answers from the usual suspects)

Reply to
sweetheart

Wouldn't Collins DIY Guide fulfil the same function in one hit?

Reply to
mike

Why not get him to read this newsgroup and, of course, all the related Wiki articles? Far better than any magazine!

[If you do, you may need to tone down your disparaging remarks about him!]
Reply to
Roger Mills

I dare say CAMRA publishes one with good articles about practical plastering...

Reply to
Adrian C

Who are CAMRA? I thought that was the campaign for real ale but I will stand corrected. ( btw, if it is meant to be "funny" OH doesnt drink alcohol. His family are church temerance and he took the pledge when he was a lad and has kept it).

Reply to
sweetheart

ARW

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Thank you. I will look through those and see if there is anything he would be best suited to. Cheers Adam

Reply to
sweetheart

The closest thing would probably be one of the house building mags... although that may be a little broader in scope and scale than you want.

Many of the mags are also likely to be American, which may not matter as much on subjects like woodwork, and furniture etc, but becomes more of an issue with other building practices which will differ more significantly.

Reply to
John Rumm

?
Reply to
DrTeeth

Start divorce proceedings.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

:-)

Reply to
ARW

Or give him a link to

ARW

That's probably why he's so miserable

Reply to
Phil L

No, there's a different reason for that.

Reply to
Bob Eager

just the thing here:-

it's super!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Leads to

and the page is blank...sounded interesting.

Reply to
DrTeeth

In message , sweetheart writes

Buy 12 months subscription to the Uk-diy FAQs

Just send me a cheque for £120

Reply to
geoff

You're too late! I offered her that for free at the outset!

Reply to
Roger Mills