Oven door locked open - Help!

I have a GE Profile oven. I'm getting a flashing "Locked" signal. The door lock is on but the door is open and won't close. I've tried cutting the power to "reset" it but it did not work.
Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, Interlock switch jammed? You mean mechnically the handle does not turn? If switch is jammed(could be a electronic) sensor regardless it thinks it's locked.
There is no handle. The door lock is triggered electronically. It indicates "locked" and the locking mechanism is deployed but it did so with the door open. I cannot shut the door or retract the locking mechanism.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, That's solenoid driven lock then. Looks like the solid state device driving the solenoid coil is energized. It could be device itself or the low voltage control logic. This kind of appliance is mixture of discrete components and ASIC. If you're luck, it can be repaired by replacing a thing or two. Otherwise you know what they do. Try to find a trouble-shooting guide on or off line. It'll give some clue. Good luck,
I fiddled with the locking mechanism and I am now able to close the door and the "locked" light is now off.. Thanks for your advice....

What do you mean by fiddled? What did you do?
On 7 May 2006 12:54:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

GE telephone support is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call 1-800-626-2005. (It used to be -2000, maybe the 5 means I took the phone number off their web site.)