Outside condenser just died

What are my options in fixing this unit?

Ask in the right place.
These people love this type of question, especially if it's a DIY.
JW wrote:

--
aem sends...

JW wrote:

Don't fall for this. Those people are jerks to DIY's.
I've learned a lot on the alt hvac news group.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

One is tax credits.

Depends on why it died. Could be a simple capacitor, could be a motor, could be the compressor. Invest $75 to $100 or so in a service call to find out.
Don't forget abut energy rebates and tax credits if you go new.
Bob Callaway wrote:

Describe symptom. Sudden dead or was acting up? How old?

Wow! A great question to the mind readers. Perhaps you can be a little more specific and describe what is wrong and how you made the determination.
--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the

Call a service person for the particular brand that youhave - It might help to provide a little more information, it might just be a fuse for $2.00 or a whole new compressor for several thousand $$$$$ or anywhere in between.
On Sun, 2 May 2010 20:45:19 -0500, "Bob Callaway"

I don't know what's wrong with the namby pamby sissies who want information before saying what to do.
Real men just use a crowbar to fix things. Be a real man.
Bob Callaway wrote:

Uh, did you check the circuit breaker? Perhaps it has a fuse or two, could be outside on the wall or at your main electrical panel. Many service calls I go on, I find something turned off, unplugged or tripped breaker.
TDD

Now thats a complete and thorough question any pro can help you with, just like my car just died what is my option of fixing it.
How many farads is your condensor?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
How many farads is your condensor?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This usually falls into 2 categories; 1 a bad condenser, which is an easy DIY if you can be trusted to cut the power before taking the cover off, and 2 something serious that calls for a pro. I always change the capacitors(s) first, most of the time it fixes it. There is a 3rd possibility, the cooling fan motor can go, a bit more difficult to diagnose, but not much harder to fix.

First is there power to the unit, as one of the two in-line fuses can go out leaving the condensor blower motor working and not the condensor????